Jumping the Gun

Folks, I know it's summer.  But isn't it a bit too early to give up on
Kedrick Brown after an apprenticeship year (in which he played well while
pressed into starting duty) and ONE FREAKIN' SUMMER LEAGUE GAME?  Do the
Cs need him to be a dominant scorer?  Or do they need him to play
aggressive defense, hit the boards and run hard in transition a la Dennis
Rodman minus the cheap shots, the arrests and the cross-dressing?

For that matter, isn't it a bit too early to give up on Forte, unless it
becomes clear that he'll never play in Boston because of the logjam at his
position?

As for the merits of the Johnson/Jacobsen/Strickland/Brown/Palacio for
Rogers/Delk trade... I agree with the analysis that getting Delk costs the
Cs Strickland, and that at this point I think that's a negative for the
Cs.  Strickland is a superior defender and brings a degree of toughness
the Cs sorely need -- hell, over the year he even showed more of the
"instant offense" for which Delk is so highly touted.  Then again, Erick's
decisionmaking as a point guard and shot selection make Antoine's look
good.  Let's see how Delk does with a full training camp (and ideally a
healthy groin) under his belt.  That said, I like the idea of a
Delk-for-Swift trade if that would allow the Cs to keep Strickland.  Don't
think the salaries work, though.  Maybe Delk and Forte?

I think Joe is right on the Rogers deal -- in all likelihood, we see a
"nudge nudge wink wink say no more" one-year contract, and hopefully
Wallace isn't as stupid as the brainless-trust in Minnesota about
documenting it.  Rodney will get his dough when Kenny leaves.  He'll
deserve it, too.

I kind of like this roster:

1:  Anderson/Strickland/Cook
2:  Pierce/Williams (also Strickland, K. Brown)
3:  Brown/Rogers (also E. Williams, Walker)
4:  Walker/Swift/Songaila
5:  Battie/Sundov/(Potapenko-IR) (also Rogers)

Michael Gooen
http://autos.yahoo.com