Kwame pulls out, Haywood is in

Unfortunately, Kwame Brown will miss at least the first
three games of the Shaw Pro Summer League due to a groin
pull, according to the Wash Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A4469-
2002Jul14.html

The Post projects the Wiz starters to be:

PF-Etan Thomas
SF-Jared Jeffries
C-Brendan Haywood
G-Juan Dixon
G-Bobby Simmons

PF-Kris Lang
PF-Mike Mardesich

Fatigue might be a factor in who gets minutes, since its
a game-per-day tournament.

The Wiz bring a fair amount of height, but that's about
it. I have a feeling Dixon will be trying to fire away
from downtown (depending on who is guarding him), since
none of the others are natural scorers. Dixon v. Forte
could devolve into one big ballhog jamboree.

A big question is how Dixon and Jared Jeffries stand up
to physical play. This is a year with a lot of frail
rookies, of which these two are exhibits A and B.

Jeffries is a guy with the most interesting skills and
court sense, but he weighs 215 pounds right now. In the
near term, its kind of hard to picture him getting
regular season minutes on a Michael Jordan team. I guess
we'll know a little more tomorrow.

***

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?