> We're
> not talking about starting him, after all...the guy is a
> scorer.  Let him score.  I hate this locked-in mentality
> of making guys play positions based on their height.
> He is 6'4" after all.

It's not just his height..

Its his athleticism and the Celtics roster.

... At 6'4" and only a solid athlete he needs to play at the point... From
what little I have seen of him I think he could play some back up point guard
and play some off-guard on the right team.

I don't think Forte is  bad he reminds me of a mini Rick Fox. I think he
could become that kind of player. You know..supposedly not athletic but can
rebound some, pass some, dribble some, and shoot some. I don't think he can
do anything great on the NBA level though...much like Rick Fox.

But realisticially how can he play on the Celts?

He is essentially locked ouf of both positions IMHO:

At the off guard position:
Williams, Delk, and Brown  All those guys can play the off guard...though
perhaps
Delk shouldn't. He might be able to beat out Delk...but Brown and WIlliams?
OB likes defense and those guys are excellent defenders.. Even Delk can stick
the smaller off-guards as he is pretty athletic.

At the point guard:
If Kenny stays around there isn't a chance in hell he can beat out
Kenny...IMHO.
Kenny is quicker then Forte ever will be, and is like him or not a real point
guard.
Omar Cook from all indications is also a real point guard..kinda like a more
athletic
Mark Jackson. So it seems unlikely that he will find time there. His best
shot though
is beating out Omar Cook on the Celts or being traded. The Celts do need a
back up point guard.

Thats why the Celts are grooming him that way it makes sense. The Shaw league
is very important for Forte's Celtic future. Likely even more so then Brown,
IMHO.

Now if Darius Songalia can play we could use him. We need a back up PF.
If he does well he will likely make the roster and sit on the bench in case
Rodney
Rogers gets injured.

We might add Sundov as another bench warming back up center..probably..at
let Mark Blount go. ..Our 12 man roster likely doesn't need a guy like Forte
though.
If we can trade him for something as part of a package might be the thing to
do.
It could help Forte's career.

Still our rotation is likely going to be:
Walker Battie Pierce Brown Anderson
Rogers Williams Potapenko..

Though I suspect Delk and Cook will see some playing time as well.

Now if we add Songalia and Bruno...as the token resident big white stiffs...
then we will be pretty much set. Forte is likely gone unless he outplays
Cook.

Our roster should be okay for next year..but I would still rather have one
more good big man instead of Potapenko, Songalia or Bruno. Bleck. And no
Croshere isn't big..
He might be 6'10 but he plays 6'7" at best.

NBA guys should measure people from the shoulders down...a long neck doesn't
do alot for you.

Pete