Tonight's "JV" game

Tonight's Nets have arguably the strongest lineup in the
Shaw League, with two rotation regulars. I'm only
speculating based on the published roster, but we might
see the following matchups tonight:

RICHARD JEFFERSON v. Kedrick Brown
Brian Scalabrine v. Darius Songaila
JASON COLLINS v. Derrick Alston
Brandon Armstrong v. Omar Cook
Tamar Slay v. Joe Forte

plus:
7-1 Duane Causwell (34-years-old)
6-9 Kevin Lyde (Temple)

Slay is the Nets' second round pick. He's listed at 6-9,
and scored 19 ppg with 5.4 boards at Marshall (MAC) last
year. The Nets chose center Nenad Krstic with their first
pick, but he's just 18 and won't be signed for a few
years.

Neither Slay nor Armstrong are true pointguards, so Omar
could have a strong start to his Celtics career.

The 6-4 Armstrong was one of the true mystery picks from
last year's first round...23rd pick overall. Like Forte,
he was also picked ahead of Parker, Tinsley and Gilbert
Arenas.

Jefferson Airplane v. Kedrick "Downtown" Brown is the
marquee matchup. I'm not expecting a coming-out-party
type game for Kedrick, but I do think/hope he can hold
his own on both ends.

(But for a little bad luck, Kedrick could have won the
Slam Dunk contest and started the rest of the second half
for Boston.)

Like Causwell, Derrick Alston is trying to come back from
a year or more away from the NBA. Picked #33 in the 1994
draft, Allston remarkably has a career average of 19.1
mpg over an NBA career spanning 139 games and 42 starts
(Mostly for Philly in the 95-96 season). His career game
was 30 points with 8 offensive boards against Phoenix
that year. Not bad.

Gametime is 6 pm. I hope someone will volunteer to post a
game summary to this list.

***

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?