> Rogers is important, but not all important.  For
> instance, I would rather have the two big men--DD and
> DS--the European and the rookie than Rogers; I say
> that fearing that it will be Rogers and not the other
> two.  Rogers gives us points, he spells Walker, he has
> improved defensively and with his inside game, but
> he's about at his peak and a four-year deal? (I'm
> guessing here) would be a lot of commitment for what
> he will give us.  And we still will not have helped
> ourselves in the paint.

What rookie? You mean the draft pick we gave up? Or Joe Johnson?

When you consider we gave up JJ and a pick..its pretty clear that the trade
was
a "lets win now" deal. We could have traded JJ straight up for a pick. Heck
even better we could have drafted Kedrick with our pick and held onto the
Denver pick.

For Chrissake Wallace, its Denver then always suck! Lets trade anyone for a
Denver pick now...they are gonna suck again.

But lets be fair. The trade did work.
You guys must not be watching the same RR I have been cause he is often the
third best player on the floor. Sometimes he has a better night then Walker
and is the second best player on the Celtics. The Celtics went 27-16 with
him. That's because..he was good. He has the best looking three point shot on
the team.

Journeyman?
Erick Strickland is a journeyman type talent.
Blount and McCarty are journeyman talents. RR would get significant minutes
on any team in the NBA. The guy is better then I thought. He should give
Walker some shooting lessons.

What concerns me though is the win now attitude that the management has.
They seem perfectly content to just win now..never thinking about maximizing
their talent base. Bleh. You need two superstars and a bunch of solid NBA
players to win a championship. The celts only have one star and 4 solid NBA
players. Thats not going to get it done. We lost to the god awful Nets.
Sheesh.

I think we can get those Euro guys...DS and DD though. I rather doubt those
guys can play. I think Blount will outplay them both easily in the Shaw
league. People forget how nearly every player in the NBA was a stud in
college or internationally.
Sure Darius Songalia was a stud in college..that doesn't mean he can really
play...

Pete