SNIP>
> I think we can get those Euro guys...DS and DD though. I rather doubt
those
> guys can play. I think Blount will outplay them both easily in the Shaw
> league. People forget how nearly every player in the NBA was a stud in
> college or internationally.
> Sure Darius Songalia was a stud in college..that doesn't mean he can
really
> play...
>
> Pete

Having watched Songaila for 4 years I guarantee you he can play.  A 4 year
starter in the ACC is nothing to sneeze at.  Also, a couple of years ago in
the Olympics he was very effective against the US "Dream Team".  If he can
play well against them I think that he can play well in the NBA.

Also there were some here who criticised his stats as being inconsistent.
The reason for the inconsistency was foul trouble.  There were quite a few
games in his career where he picked up a lot of cheap fouls and was on the
bench for a goodly portion of the game.  It's tough to score or rebound from
there.   Many of the fouls called on him were of the "ticky-tack" variety
but others could have been avoided.   However, in his senior year he was
playing a lot smarter re picking up the cheap ones.

He's just what the Celtics need.  A player who can score down low and who
has some toughness.   He sort of reminds me of a shorter Dino Radja who
wasn't half bad in my opinion.  What concerns me is the Celtic "brain trust"
and the lack of confidence I have in their decision making.

John