Re: Look For Chris Wallace To Be Brought Up On Murder Charges

 Mark B. wrote:

> This argument always bothers me. Yep, wrong move by the Blazers. But there
> have been plenty of mistakes made drafting for need when the need was a
> guard. Think New Jersey regrets taking Kenny Anderson ahead of Dikembe
> Mutombo? How many guards were selected ahead of Jermaine O'Neal? Or
Antonio
> Davis? Or P.J. Brown? Or Theo Ratliff?

You are validating my point that it is a crapshoot.

> The Celtics' mistake in this draft wasn't in the philosophy of drafting
the
> "best player available." The mistake was in the execution. They don't seem
> to have drafted the best players available. That's why some of us are
> frustrated. This draft was a golden opportunity that appears to have been
> squandered.
>
> Mark

But there could be reasons which you are unaware of.  Please consider that
possibility.  Not to mention that the two I think you are speaking of
(Tinsley and Haywood) have considerably more veteran influence on their
teams to make for an easier transition.  We aren't in the same boat
maturity-wise yet.

I am not saying that our draft was great or anything.  But I am not
declaring it an absolute disaster either.  I would hope Wallace is planing
something to upgrade both questionable positions this year.

Cecil