Re: Re: The Boston Celtics Mailing List Digest V9 #27

Don't lecture me about the flaws in stats. I've made that same point many
times, and absolutely believe it. I watch the games, but I watch more than
just the Celtics' games. How many Pacers games have you watched?

Are we just going to judge from that game? Is that the rule? OK, then Reggie
is better than Pierce or Walker and Strickland is better than any of them.
Right? Since we're just judging from "that game."

I don't need stats to tell me Tinsley is better than Kenny. Did Kenny play
better Wednesday? Yep. But Tinsley is the better player. I've watched enough
of both guys to know that.

Mark

Pete wrote:

I challenge you to say judging from that game Tinsley is the superiour
talent.
Don't even bother reading the box score....I just watch the game. I didn't
know that
Kenny had better stats the Tinsley. I don't check box scores. I can just see

who
is better.

This isn't baseball. Its hoops. The box score doesn't tell half the story.