Re: on Kedrick

Gene wrote:

On the point guards:  is the Blake guy from Maryland very good?  He looks
good to me, as a distributor, hustler; he's 6'3" it appears and really works
at passing and controlling the offense.  If he has NBA quickness and a
decent shot, he would be a good pickup after the name players are gone.  I'm
assuming we'll pick around #20.
And, do we get Philly's pick this year if we want it?  This may be the best
year for that.

---end---

Gene,

Blake looks like a good college PG, but I'm not sure about his NBA
prospects. I've seen him play a few times and thought he did a great job for
Maryland, but never really thought of him as NBA material. May be wrong,
though.

As for Philly's pick... I think May finally cleared that up this weekend.
It's not available to the Celts until 2003 and it's lottery protected. The
Celtics have to take it the first time it falls outside the lottery. So
you're looking at, at best, the 15th or so pick in the draft next year.
Could be useful eventually.

Mark

P.S. I'm not giving up on Kedrick, but if this was a Pitino pick, he'd be
crucified for it. I actually think Kedrick will develop into a useful
player, but I doubt he'll ever be the McGrady-Kobe-Vince kind of player the
braintrust implied. All of those guys (and plenty of lesser athlete types)
showed more in their rookie seasons than Kedrick. That in itself doesn't
mean anything, but based on what we have to go on, it's hard to remain
pie-in-the-sky optimistic about KB.