Philips Arena

I attended the game last night in Atlanta.  I would like to provide
information that I witnessed.

1.  Eric Strickland seems to be the one to discipline players when they
make mistakes.  I saw him discipline Vitaly when he allowed Mark
Strickland to go baseline and dunk.  I saw him discipline Battie when he
didnot rotate to the proper man on defense.

2.  Eric Williams directs the offense (vocally).  He was constantly
telling the players to slow the ball down and rotate it to another player
for an open shot.  He has three point range.

3.  Paul Pierce is all business.  A construction worker, fireman,
teacher, or police man that is a hard worker and dedicated to his job.  I
would have said an "assassin".  However, that is not politically correct
during war time.

4.  Walker, 6 "9" point guard!  The Hawk fans could not believe that
Antoine was on the trading block in the past.

5.  Battie, one of the missing links to the puzzle.  He has ability.
However, he does not possess the fundamentals of the game:  Blocking out,
position rebounding, understanding the defensive rotation, offensive post
moves, and the mental aspect of the game.  I will call him a "work in
progress".

6.  Joe Johnson - He does not have confidence in his shot.  Super
ability!

7.  Vitaly - Needs to be the enforcer.  Too Nice!

8.  Walter - Needs continued playing time in small spurts in case Pierce
or Walker is injured.

9.  Kenny - Looked good on offense.  Needs to see the Wizard to get a
heart to play defense.  Kenny will score 12, but his man is scoring 20.
Therefore, we are down by 8.

10.  O'Brien - Great Job!  I liked the big lineup.  At one time he had
Vitaly at Center, Battie at Power forward, McCarty at small forward,
Pierce at shooting guard, and Strickland at the point.  However, he knew
when to dismantle that lineup and go back to the starters.

11.  Blount - Needs to take Ballet to get coordinated.

12.

Greg
gh18@juno.com
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!