Another day at the office.

   Last night's game was very pleasant for me to watch. The team played
well, consistently, quarter to quarter and throughout the lineup. Atlanta is
a much better team than Detroit, but we never let them make a run. We
outplayed them and just kept increasing the lead. Even when Anderson hit the
bench, the offense didn't stagnate.
   Walker and Pierce played well, but, nothing extraordinary and didn't try
to do too much.  The other players provided the rebounding, defense and
scoring that was needed from them.
   When I measure the difference between the elite teams and those,
wannabees, like the Celtics, I look to "good" possessions and "bad"
possessions. Last night I saw very few turnovers, ill advised shots, or any
other of the actions, that make a possession, a waste of the time it took,
to try and score points, which is the point of the game.
      Let's look at Walter McCarty. What in the world has happened to his
game? Where are the clumsy turnovers and the off-balance heaves that
characterized his play the last three seasons? Maturity? Tranquilizers? He
played in a controlled manner and for the second game in a row, was
absolutely a plus, on both ends of the floor. He handles the ball well
enough, can make the entry pass to Pierce or Williams and hits the three,
well enough, to sub for Walker at the power forward spot. Could we have
found an answer to the problem of Walker playing too many minutes and
generally lengthening our rotation. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy. His
smile is infectious and his hustle and speed, running the floor, are
examples for all players to follow. I hope he keeps it up.

     JB

                  Unchain My Heart !

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of mccarty.jpg"; x-mac-creator="4F505241"; x-mac-type="4A504547]