From: "gene kirkpatrick" <gk_tyler@yahoo.com>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 7:27 AM
Subject: a beautiful meld

> I really looked forward to this game.  With the injury situation and a
must win flavor, this was a goodie.  I guess that when Walter scores in
double figures, we're unbeatable.  I don't understand playing Walker or
Walter so much and not playing Kedrick at all, but the coach has done well
by Kedrick recently.  He needs a good offensive game or two and we'll see
more of him.

> Starting Strickland is fine, but too many teams have effective twos and
threes that JJ will match up against better than Eric.  Still, the
substitution patterns have been very well applied.  Eric Williams continues
to develop his floor game--rebounding and passing better than ever.

> I think Antoine is much like Iverson in that a good team defense keeps his
offensive excesses from causing too much harm.  Over a full game his other
abilities are big plusses and his rash of shooting errors fade by
comparison.  Of course, against the best teams, we win only when he is more
judicious.  Still, others who make fewer mistakes don't provide the extra
contributions that Antoine does.