First Half Thoughts -- Detroit Game

I hate the Pistons they way some of you hate Philly (not that there's
anything *wrong* with that...), the partial evidence of which was
broadcast on FSNE -- you know, Lame-beer, et al.  So I take great pleasure
in pounding them into dust.

So far, the team looks good.  Walker certainly seems to be able to adjust
his game in order to be very effective (*nice* passing), Pierce was a
force at both ends (really enjoyed the blocks).  I like the idea of Strick
starting and JJ coming off the bench -- maybe Joe can lose some of the
timidity that has grown in his game playing with the second unit.  V has
blown some gimmes and mis-handled some passes, but I think part of it is
that the other guys need to give him the kind of passes he can handle.
Sure, it'd be nice if he could deal with all kinds, but that's not the
case.

I like Rick Carlisle (from his Celtics days), but I pity the fool who puts
Jon Barry on Paul Pierce. What are you thinking at that point?  You have a
guy who can't be guarded one-on-one to *begin* with -- certainly a matador
defender like Barry isn't going to help matters.

I haven't mentioned it yet, so let me take this time to express just how
much I loathe Jon Barry.  Don't want to play for my team?  Fine, screw you
and the horse you rode in on, buddy.  He can just go suck it.

I was worried when Wallah came in, but I think getting Antoine some down
time is necessary, and McCarty acquitted himself pretty well.

Anyway, let's hope it continues in the second half.  Speaking of which ...
  .

Bird