Re: First Half Thoughts -- Detroit Game

At 18:02 1/11/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>I haven't mentioned it yet, so let me take this time to express just how
>much I loathe Jon Barry.  Don't want to play for my team?  Fine, screw you
>and the horse you rode in on, buddy.  He can just go suck it.

I've hated Jon Barry ever since he pulled that crap in '92. And it's not
just that -  the way he plays and carries himself annoys me (the way
Antoine annoys some people :>)

>I was worried when Wallah came in, but I think getting Antoine some down
>time is necessary, and McCarty acquitted himself pretty well.

Yeah, Waltuh did OK (I can't believe I'm writing this). Part of it is that
our reserves sucked pretty hard. All they had to do was keep themselves
afloat for 8 minutes against the Pistons' reservers, and they nearly
drowned. While I didn't expect the offense to click, their lack of defense
was appalling. If it weren't for timely plays by Waltuh and Milt, Obie
would've had to reinsert the first unit.

JJ managed to play himself right out of the starting five and was nearly
invisible in the garbage time. His Moiso-like attitude is really starting
to bother me. I'm guessing Obie kept Kedrick on the bench because inserting
him alongside our F-troop would have resulted in even greater disarray on
the court, if that's possible
Other than that, a nice win. Walker obviously wasn't 100% physically, but
did the job on the boards and passing the ball. That lame attempt to keep
the double-digit scoring streak alive was really unnecessary. Good games by
the rest of the starters.
Kestas