beat the Knicks

Enjoying the comments.  I wondered who the ex-jock broadcaster beside Albert was until I heard his name.  It was fun to listen to them.  They were stating the obvious about Walker, but missing the more important and also obvious, which some of us do from time to time (moi?).  Walker drives the team.  Last night he overcame forced shots, etc. to lead us to victory.  The good overcame the bad.  Same with Pierce, JJ, and the rest.

It was especially good to see JJ have a good offensive game.  His floor game has been fine, and finally some shots fell.  I think it's easy to forget what a talent he is.  He saves a bunch of possessions by tips, rebounds, good hustle; that overcomes someone else's turnover.

My man Strickland is good, but limited.  I think he's a plus but I see us moving up a notch when Forte replaces him.  Eric is a good free safety in shorts, but basketball is his second language.  I'm grateful for what he brings, but we will be happy to see Mr. Forte--when?  I would hope it's soon.

Still, it's nice to see such a team response.  We've had two good games since returning home.  At this time last year we were 12-20.  And you all remember the old poem, "when I was 12 and 20 . . ."

Cheers,  Gene
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail.