RE: [Celtics' Stuff FW: Sports Guy on the Celtics

If Walker is moved to the three I have absolutely no problem moving any
two of the rookies for LaFrentz, Jackson or Clark.  This the dilemma
about bringing in one of those guys. With Walker cemented at the 4,
Boston needs a major shot blocking/defensive presence inside to mask the
size deficencies, however, if Walker is moved to the three then a
LaFrentz and Battie up front does wonders for the interior defense.
Boston has been reluctant to move Walker to his natural position because
they fear he cannot defend the quicker players.  But I think he creates
huge mismatches on the other end as very few small forwards can guard
him. As well, I have actually seen him guard some pretty quick point
guards as well as any of the PGs the Celtics currently have.

There are a host of possible personnel moves that could be made if
Boston would only move Walker to the three.  Stromile Swift would come
cheap.  LaFrentz either now or when he becomes a free agent, Clark if he
becomes a free agent, the high schooler, Stoudamire, that will be the
next Alonzo Mourning, etc....There are a lot of good 4 out there and
that is where Boston may be able to find themselves the shot
blocking/defensive presence they currently lack.