Re: Would you do this trade

Mourning's contract is $20,633,400 in '03 then it's over which would give
you that for cap room or in a trade package or to re-sign Mourning.

IF you were confident that Mourning would be back next year at full strength
and he wanted to come here, Absolutely.  If your building around Walker and
Pierce then a dominate center would put them in the NBA finals within two
years if the team stays healthy.  I think the one or two
almost-over-the-hill future HOF guy's that don't have a ring by then will
add a lot of support to the end of the bench where Walter is now.

I might try to include Johnson instead of K. Brown in the trade though.  I'm
sure JJ will be a big time player in this league but KB "may" have a higher
upside and we have Williams for a few more years which gives us more room to
gamble.

I love the way the Celtics are playing as a TEAM right now and wouldn't make
a change for change's sake.  But Morning is a future HOF player "now" and if
he can get healthy then he adds the difference to this team.  No one can
back this guy down.  He can score, pass, play defense and control the
boards.  Add him to Walker and Pierce and it's a contending team.

A heck of a gamble but potentially a brilliant, IMO, trade for both teams.

<Jim

>>>At 12:16 PM 1/2/2002 -0500, MetNut9@AOL.com wrote:
>>>Miami trades:  Alonzo Mourning $18,756,600 to
>>>Boston
>>>TOTAL:   $18,756,600
>>>

>>>Boston trades:  Vitaly Potapenko $4,762,500 to
>>>Miami
>>>Boston trades:  Kenny Anderson $8,350,000 to
>>>Miami
>>>Boston trades:  Kedrick Brown $1,528,440 to
>>>Miami
>>>Boston trades:  Walter McCarty $3,125,000 to
>>>Miami
>>>TOTAL:   $17,765,940
>>>
>>>TRADE ACCEPTED

>Well it depends.  If Alonzo retires because of his health, do we get to use
his salary to sign another?  And if so, When is >Tim Duncan's contract up in
San Antonio?  Any other All-Star Centers or Power forwards available in the
next two years that >could replace Zo if he retires?

***********

>> Forget trading my man Kedrick Brown!

>I hear ya.  That would be similar to the Raptors trading a young, promising
>McGrady.

>> Take him out of it, and you've got a maybe. I'd give McCarty away for
>> anything. I think Vitaly and Mourning would be an equal trade at this
>> point, and I wouldn't mind ditching Kenny's contract and the fact that I
>> don't think he can keep up his current level of play and minutes for many
>> more seasons, never mind the rest of this one.

>I think Vitaly's agent would be thrilled that someone feels he is equal to
>Alonzo.  I would say Kenny+Vitaly+Walter still does not = Alonzo.

>>But, Kenny *is* playing well
>> this year and the current nucleus has jelled enough to make it to the
>> playoffs. Sure we could get Travis Best or Omar Cook or somebody to fill
>> in, but only as part of a master plan to get the Cs a low enough draft
pick
>> in June to nab Frank Williams.
>>
>I don't know about Williams yet.  For those who have seen him play
>regularly, how well does he handle the ball against pressure?

> Cecil

Jim Hill
mailto:jahill@leasingservice.com
800-451-6567 Voice/Fax 866-571-3921