Re: Would you do this trade

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ellie Cutler" <ellie@oreilly.com>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 1:21 PM
Subject: Re: Would you do this trade

> Forget trading my man Kedrick Brown!

I hear ya.  That would be similar to the Raptors trading a young, promising
McGrady.

> Take him out of it, and you've got a maybe. I'd give McCarty away for
> anything. I think Vitaly and Mourning would be an equal trade at this
> point, and I wouldn't mind ditching Kenny's contract and the fact that I
> don't think he can keep up his current level of play and minutes for many
> more seasons, never mind the rest of this one.

I think Vitaly's agent would be thrilled that someone feels he is equal to
Alonzo.  I would say Kenny+Vitaly+Walter still does not = Alonzo.

 But, Kenny *is* playing well
> this year and the current nucleus has jelled enough to make it to the
> playoffs. Sure we could get Travis Best or Omar Cook or somebody to fill
> in, but only as part of a master plan to get the Cs a low enough draft
pick
> in June to nab Frank Williams.

I don't know about Williams yet.  For those who have seen him play
regularly, how well does he handle the ball against pressure?

 Cecil