Disassembling the Magic in the first half

The Celts are operating on all cylinders in the first 24 minutes.  Here
are a few impressions:

Defense.  What's most important is that the D is starting the offense via
the break.  That, and the only really good looks the Magic are getting are
threes.

Kenny freakin' Anderson.  If KA didn't play the second half, he'd still
have one helluva game.  19 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals.
Amazing.  Making passes, his jumper is falling, and he's penetrating with
a purpose.  I realize the Magic just aren't picking him up, but Kenny is
making the exact right decision on every play.  Very impressive, indeed.

The Magic.  Looking out-classed at this point, especially defensively.
Any Celtic can get to virtually any spot on the court.  Did you see EWill
just blow past McGrady?  Not to mention Pierce's spin move on Miller (now
there's a brilliant match-up).  Plus, you don't see a player so
ridiculously unaware as T-Mac was when that pass hit him on the noggin.

T & V.  After a couple of mis-handled passes, Battie settled down, and V
came in and gave the team an offensive *and* defensive boost.  Man, I will
take Potapenko with the stomach flu over Blount at 100% any day.

The Duo.  Spreading the ball around, getting others involved, and still
doing their jobs very well.

The team as a whole.  Let's face it, this team is not mediocre any longer.

I don't see the need for doom-and-gloom or major roster changes.  The
reason Milt isn't playing is because Kenny and Strick are playing so much
better.  Give him a break.  Blount would be a great candidate for a trade,
  but who would want him?  Plus, you'd have to acquire another big man in
case of injury.  Marc Jackson is probably not going to happen.  Why we'd
want Mourning is beyond me.

What I want to see in the fourth quarter are all the guys who don't get a
lot of PT, because that'll mean the C's put away Orlando in the third.

Bird