Re: I have a bad feeling about all this.

While I agree with almost everything.....

----- Original Message -----
From: Berry, Mark S <berrym@BATTELLE.ORG>
To: <damekmo@teleport.com>; <celtics@igtc.com>

> Once again it was 41 percent shooting. Gee, I wish we
> had a guy who could give you a good 12 points per game and do it with
> efficient shooting and add some bulk to the front line and help the
> rebounding woes. Why can't we ever get guys like that?
>
> Mark

Mark, I'll "expound" (is that the right word for my obvious mastery of
description and analysis?) upon this later, but what this team needed was a
player who could get you easy baskets. A player who could either put the
ball on the floor and create his own shot, or a guy who could post down low
semi-consistently and score. This team needs instant easy offense from
someone. They need a third scoring threat. I understand Delk if he's on. He
takes the pressure off Antoine and Pierce. I don't get another tweener with
no low post game, no rebounding, who won't get to the line, who doesn't
create his own shot, and since he's not down low he's not going to get a lot
of easy put-backs. He takes people outside or drifts outside when the
defense forgets about him, and takes outside shots. That's what he does and
if you want to see a guy who'd rather not mix it up down low - we accuse
Antoine of not wanting to go down low - you've got the real deal in Rodney
Rogers. And that's against small forwards and big forwards. You can tell, I
bet, that I just don't like this guy, and never have. He's a bad fit if a
team is going to depend upon him to be the third scorer on a team that's
fighting to stay alive in the playoffs. I've always thought he was way
overrated. I never got anybody's love affair with Rodney Rogers. Again, it's
more than numbers, it's a fit for this team for the last 25 games and what
they desperately needed. 41-4, if it happens, not because of Antoine or
Pierce or the coach, but because Wallace could've not done a thing and this
team would've done better. Now the team has two mediocre offensive players
who need to be worked into the lineup for scoring. A total waste of time and
energy and not enough payback.

Paul M.