Re: Gaston's Blue light special, Poor Coaching, Poor Energy

In a message dated 2/24/02 10:19:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
dajubo@earthlink.net writes:

> Besides, isn't Pierce obviously the best player on the team, and doesn't he
>  have the talent to lead the team to a title?

     I don't think he is "obviously" the best.  Walker is frustratingly
inconsistent, but when he is on, he's an all-around player, hitting from the
outside and inside, plus grabbing rebounds, dishing assists and running the
floor.  Pierce cuts to the basket a lot and hits from the outside, but isn't
the ballhandler and rebounder Walker is.  As far as leading a team to the
title, that's the result of intangibles, and I have no idea which of the two
is the team leader.  I will concede that Pierce is more consistent.
    JJ watch, day 3:  38 minutes, 15 points, 8 boards, 6 assists as the Suns
beat San Antonio.  Someone on this list says that Obie should sit Walker for
a game just to get someone else into the offense.  Ditto Pierce.  Maybe so.
    And 3-4 on this trip is 3-4; not bad, not bad at all.