Re: Obie isn't my friend

> From: Kestas <Kestutis.Kveraga@dartmouth.edu>

> Lastly, those who say that, at 3-4, we still had a good trip, are missing
> the point. If the Celtics could only win 1 game on this trip, and only won
> 1, I'd be content. However, they could've won 5 games on this trip, but
> gave away two of them, mostly because of bad coaching.

No, Kestas, that's actually the most important point of all.  It was
important not to fall too far behind with this odyssey, so much so that
many of us would have seriously taken a 2-5 happily.  3-4 ain't bad.  Not
as good as it *could* have been, but if the players beat themselves up
over losing those two games half as much and half as long as some on this
list, they'd never pull themselves out of the navel-contemplating
depression long enough to play the next game.  They lost the last two
games of a very long road trip is two distinctly different, but equally
irritating, ways.  They also need to get past it.

They still let you in to the playoffs based on your record, not whether
you won the games you "should" have or not.  Basketball teams lose games.
At least with this trip they only shot themselves in the foot for two
games, not an entire season.

Bird