Bye bye Kedrick

I have to say I was shocked to see Tony Delk starting in his first game,
alongside Kenny Anderson. Kedrick then, of course, gets a DNP despite an
encouraging effort against the Mavs.

It certainly looks like Jim O'Brien isn't a player development sort of
guy. After some early struggles, Joe Johnson was buried and then traded.
Joe Forte can't even get into blowouts on the rare occasion that his,
um, sore ankle, allows him to be on the roster. Now Kedrick has been
benched and there's certainly no reason to think he'll get back in the
playing rotation over Eric Williams, Walter McCarty, et al.

I think it's great that they're making a push for the playoffs this
year, but at what point does the "must win now" philosophy mesh with
developing the first-round draft picks?

STEVE