Re: [Celtics' Stuff Obie isn't my friend

In a message dated 2/24/02 7:27:44 AM Central Standard Time,
JBMetzEA@yahoo.com writes:

<<   No rebounds, mindless passes, lack of defensive intensity, after the
 first period and poor coaching, cost us this one, not Kenny, unless you mean
 his absence due to fouls. To me it pointed out, very graphicaly, the need
 for the back up point guard, with young legs (do we all only see what we are
 looking to see?).  >>

I think you have a vision of what you how you think a point guard is supposed
to play. This team isn't set up to run wih point guard directing traffic and
making the pass to score ala Jason Kidd or John Stockton. Although I'm sure
people of their talent could force their style of play onto our troops for
the better. But most of these games are decided in the fourth quarter. When
we need a hoop, it is the point guard's responsibility to get the ball to
your studs in a position to score. Kenny just isn't getting the job done. He
is doing his pounding act again. If he can't get it done, give to Walker and
let Pierce and Walker do the two man game.

That is one main problem. The other one is that is doesn't do any good to
swing the ball around when Walker or Pierce are covered when you end up
passing it to no-threat Erik Williams at the three point line. His main
contribution is to come off the bench and spark the troops with his defensive
spirit. I thought this is where our new three point shooters were supposed to
fit in.

One thing about Omar Cook. I thought it was a great idea to get a guy who
needs development who plays the position we need to fill in the future. I am
hopeful that they have come to an agreement and they are going to let him
finish in the CBA  and bring him up after the playoffs are over to get him
more experience. He won't be doing any playing on our team this year anyways.
It was one way of making the trade more palatable.