Re: A well played 24 minute game.

> From: Georgek27@AOL.com

> A well played 12 minutes -- forget 24! In the first 4 minutes of the
> second
> quarter we turned the ball over SEVEN times! Someone mentioned Ray Charles
> and Stevie Wonder the other day? I think they were in our backcourt during
> that stint.

Was going to mention this, but you beat me to it.  Yeah, in fact, the only
good thing about the game for the C's was the first quarter, which looked
amazing.  Then it became a big pile of poo.  I agree with your previous
post about starting Delk, too.  I understand that Delk is *talented*
enough to start, but would rather see him come off the bench.  He and
Strick in the backcourt at times against the opposition's subs would be
interesting.

Still, 3 wins, 4 losses must be considered successful for the road trip,
but it's too bad, since the last two were so winnable, so close (in a way)
.  Sure would like to see a non-one-on-one offense run by the Celtics, but
let's face it, I'd like to see it in the majority of the rest of the
league, too.  We *do * need to milk the star duo, but also need to find a
offensive system that allows them to get better position.  They are
working far too hard to get their shots off, and that won't be good long
term.

> PS - I really liked Calvin Murphy as a player but cannot stand him as a
> broadcaster.

Oh, man, *tell* me about it.

Bird