Obie isn't my friend

Here is another loss on a game we should have won. Some people will attribute
it to our lack of rebounding or defense. Yes, these are things we should have
done better. Others will say it was infamiliarity with the inclusion of
Rogers and Delk. They definitely looked lost out there (kind of like JJ did <
g>). But the common theme I have noticed is that Pierce and Walker are not
getting the ball in good positions to score. When we win, it is usually
behind Pierce and occasionally behind Walker. Our studs will be taking the
ball to the hoop or scoring from outside. It just isn't happening in our
losses. I have noticed a disturbing trend of a difficulty of Kenny getting
the entry pass into Pierce. He is forcing Pierce to come out all the way to
the 3 point line. Plus, Kenny is going back to his old habit of pounding the
ball into the gorund trying to score when he needs to get the ball to the
guys who actually can score. Kenny, you can't beat anybody anymore. In this
gimmick offense, what works is when Pierce or Walker either shoot over the
top or take it to the rim and then kick the ball out to the open shooters for
3s. Part of the problem is Obies insane reliance of Erik Williams, who the
defense gambles off of. If we are going to go with this gimmick offense, we
need to stay in it and it can't be with that bricklayer Erik Williams on the
court. Kenny needs a refresher on what is role is: to get the ball to Walker
and Pierce and be ready to make a 20 foot jumper on a kickout. That is what
he was doing earlier in the season, not trying to be the guy that makes the
play. I think this stuff is Obie's job.

Other notes:
VP has be totally stinking up the joint this past month if anyone has
noticed. I really liked the way Blount looked in the Laker game. Obie
actually noticed it too and suprisingly let him play half of the 3 and all of
the 4th quarter. Now, Obie hasagain totally forgot about him again. I'm not a
great Blount fan but I think a fire hydrant could play better than VP right
now.

Rodney Rogers is huge.

Kedrick was a DNP just like I predicted. You don't think he might have been
able to play some defense on Mobley? I think Obie's dream team includes a
smallish guy at the shooting guard with him putting Delk as the starting 2
and the consistant playing of Strickland there also. I am starting to wonder
if the Celtics (Walker and Pierce) aren't just so talented that they are
getting by inspite of poor coaching decisions by Obie. I think Pitino's
defensive pressing gimmick held them back and now I wonder about some of
Obie's decisions. It is going to be funny on how we trade Kedrick away this
summer and say that we were able to trade him and still not affect the
playing rotation.....

DJessen33