Re: Read It and Weep

At 02:10 23-02-02 -0500, Josh Ozersky wrote:
>       The Celtics Report, Featuring Joe Johnson
>       By: Josh Ozersky
>       February 22 2002, 11:07 pm
>       Joe Johnson Line for Friday, Feb. 22
>

>       11-18, 11 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 turnovers. Put this down with "Paul
>Pierce stabbed in bar"and "ML Carr to name himself as coach" among my favorite
>Celtic memories of recent years.
>
>  How could this have happened? Each day that goes by makes me more
>incredulous, more overwhelmed and depressed. The Celtics should have a fan
>appreciation night where they give out Xanax at the door. Or maybe a portrait
>of a Celtic "dream team" of Tim Duncan, Tracy McGrady, Shawn Marion, Andre
>Miller, and Joe Johnson, with Larry Bird coaching. Alright, capitano! I'm
>ready. Fire at will.

Yup fire I will because after 2 appearances by  Kobe I mean JJ you and
others are taking the chicken little theory to the nth degree!  We have not
traded Larry Bird for gods sake.  I remember being very impressed with JJ
for the first 11-12 games or so until he came back to Earth and our Eastern
opponents figured his game out.  He then with an occasional flicker
of  hope turned into the " deer in the headlight " player that had others
proclaiming him a huge draft day mistake. I don't think his inspired play
will continue unless other teams did what the Bulls did by letting him
shoot and defend hard  on the stars who can turn the momentum around and
win the game. JJ had a great individual game but the Bulls won and that is
what really counts in the end.  Who knows he may change my mind if he
continues to play this way and as a Suns season ticket holder I will get
the chance to observe him " up close and personal "  but I fear he will
revert to the form of the JJ that we were subjected to for the latter part
of his tenure as a Celtic. Josh don't get me wrong as I usually enjoy your
insights and opinions but  these mini tirades remind me more of  Way of the
Rays ramblings than of your well thought out usual postings.  Sorry again
for picking your post out instead of Troy et al but I just got tired of
hearing how we got royally snookered in this trade before our acquisitions
even settle in in with the Green and  JJ has a couple of  good scoring
games.  Let us have a little patience before we arrange a mass
suicide.  Enjoy this fun Celtics team that has surprised me by playing head
and shouders above early season prognostications. We could be Sun or Bulls
fans just as examples of teams playing below expectations. Just my thoughts
and YMMV!!!!!   Later Mike
Go Celts!!!!!!!