Re: JJ in Phoenix

One of the things which has always puzzled me is that when change is made,
folks on both sides of the coin react in such diverse ways.

Personally, I am glad that Johnson will have a chance to show his ability
since it is so apparent that his creativity and skills were being stifled in
Boston.

But let's not jump off a bridge over this deal.  He had a fine game in his
first with the Suns.  GOOD FOR HIM!  But he is no longer a Celtic, we save
some money in the future which may help us sign a big man who will not be
blocked out of meaningful minutes by our Center combo.

Many members of this list are so reactive and feel the need to hit the
negative without giving this trade ANY time to play itself out.  Who is to
say that Delk and/or Rogers won't have a similar impact on the Cs tonight,
as Joe did with the Suns yesterday?  And if they don't right away, some of
you will leap to the conclusion that it is somehow proof of the absurdity of
the trade.

I like this deal and am willing to wait and see the impact these 2 guys have
on our performance, just like Joe did with the Suns.  Is it possible that
all the folks around the NBA who say we hoodwinked, bamboozled, fleeced,
downright stole two players who can contribute to our team right away, are
all wrong?  Yep, sure is.  Not likely in this case though, especially in
light of the slide in Joe's minutes lately.  Obviously, they decided he was
unable to contribute in the system Obie is using, and like what they see in
Kedrick more.  It has been stated by many that, after Paul and Toine, we
have severe limitations.  So Wallace addresses this very issue....and is
taken to task for his actions.  I have not advocated trading any of our
young guys, but I see this as an IMMEDIATE upgrade and will allow for a
deeper bench and a few more minutes rest per game for Paul and Toine without
having 0 points scored in their absence.

Delk also provides insurance should Kenny get nicked which we all know is a
real possibility.  Also, though Kenny has played decent D this year, Delk is
better, younger, likes to play uptempo and hits his friggin free throws.

Rogers can play multiple positions and bang a bit.  I have loved his game
since the first time I saw him play at Wake Forest.  There are few guys his
size who can bring what he does to a team.  I also like the comment he made
when he said that he hopes to play well enough that the Cs will want to sign
him after this year.

It's not like we gave up a future league MVP.  We traded a youthful player
who will hopefully get better, in exchange for 2 solid contributors and some
cap space.

An seasoned fan should wait to see how this trade plays itself out before
blasting the front office for trying to strengthen the ballclub.

Cecil (just one man's opinion)