The Dallas Game

-Boston has lost five of its last six games in Dallas (37-
17). I don't remember the games being that close either.

-The Mavs began a four-game homestand on Tuesday with a
117-100 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves, who were
without All-Star forward Kevin Garnett. Maybe we should
sit out Walker. :-)

-Dallas has lost three of its last four home games on the
heels of a five-game home winning streak.

-Against the Timberpoodles, Dirk Nowitzki scored only
nine on 2-of-10 shooting and Michael Finley made just 3-
of-19 shots en route to 10 points. I don't know how they
held Dirk Diggler to 10 shots, but I'm sure Obie watched
plenty of tape.

-The trade deadline is 5pm Thursday, with Michael Finley
still rumoured to be on the block.

-BTW it sounds like the Van Exel to Boston trade nearly
happened, had it not been for money issues. He doesn't
seem like a good "chemistry" player at all, on a two-
gunner team. Its strange.

Here's TSN's Positional Analysis (from February 16th)

-Small forward/center: Nowitzki has reached elite status,
and he's determined to stay there. Nelson still likes
starting Nowitzki at center, with Shawn Bradley as a role
player. When Bradley is active on defense, he alters
shots and disrupts an opponent's offense. Grade: A

-Power forward: Juwan Howard was the team's most
consistent player over a 10-game stretch, providing
rebounding, scoring and low-post offense (18.6 points and
10.2 rebounds). Grade: A

-Point guard: Even Nash is entitled to an off night. In a
loss at Portland, Nash had only three points and missed
six of seven shots from the field, but 24 hours earlier
he had 28 points and eight assists in a win at Seattle.
Grade: B

-Shooting guard: Finley's recovery from a hamstring
injury is ongoing, and Nelson will continue to scale back
Finley's minutes and lean more heavily on his bench in an
effort to have Finley healthy for the playoffs. Now that
Finley has returned to the lineup, he's become a lesser
part of the offense. Finley gets fewer touches, and he's
playing fewer minutes because Nelson wants Finley's
hamstring to totally heal in time for the playoffs.
Finley saw his scoring average fall to 15.5 points over
his first eight games back from the injury. Finley
doesn't mind taking fewer shots at crunch time, as long
as the team is successful. Grade: B

Bench: Eduardo Najera has recovered from a minor knee
injury to provide rebounding and hustle to the rotation,
but another bench energizer, Greg Buckner, seemed headed
back to the injured list. That means more minutes for
Johnny Newman. Grade: B+

Coaching: Nelson continues to get plenty of mileage out
of zones. The matchup has become his favorite. Grade: B+

GO Celts!

***

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
Pour crier votre adresse : http://www.nomade.fr/courrier/ouvrir.asp