Re: JJ or Forte as point guards

<< I was thinking along similar lines, but in a little more simple-minded way.  Since JJ already has a handle on the ball - and can and likes to pass to others, he might make a heck of a hard to defend point guard given his size (maybe a sucessfull Jalen Rose experiment?).

And if he could handle the point guard spot - then maybe Forte could spend some time at his natural position as shooting guard while JJ was at point ?
They could always trade off defensive assignments at the other end of the court so that Forte's lack of height at SG wouldn't be a handycap.

That might let two very talented players be on the floor at the same time while playing to their natural games. - HMURDOCH@AOL.com >>

Hank,

Great minds think alike. :)

Play to Forte's strength as a shooter and play to JJ's strength which is handling the ball in the open court. No he's not a "pure" PG but we know Forte isn't either and if Team Wllace is trying to groom one of the rookies for that role, I've long maintained that guy should be JJ and not Forte.

Now if we could just get Josh O. to plant that bug in CW's ear the next time they talk . . .

Steve