Re: JJ or Forte as point guards

In a message dated 2/20/02 12:45:54 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Georgek27@AOL.com writes:

> As for JJ, he plays like a PG now! He's got a fine
> handle, he's quick to give up the ball and is very capable of penetrating
> and
> dishing. The biggest obstacle may be in his confidence which doesn't seem
> very solid at his natural position and could be reduced even more if thrust
> into a new position. However, if he's not going to be in the lineup anyway
> then it is certainly a worthwhile practice time experiment. Perhaps both JJ
> and Forte can be developed as point guards and be used at the same time in
> the backcourt when the time comes giving the team even greater versatility.

I was thinking along similar lines, but in a little more simple-minded way.
Since JJ already has a handle on the ball - and can and likes to pass to
others, he might make a heck of a hard to defend point guard given his size
(maybe a sucessfull Jalen Rose experiment?).

And if he could handle the point guard spot - then maybe Forte could spend
some time at his natural position as shooting guard while JJ was at point ?
They could always trade off defensive assignments at the other end of the
court so that Forte's lack of height at SG wouldn't be a handycap.

That might let two very talented players be on the floor at the same time
while playing to their natural games.

Hank M.