Re: [Celtics' Stuff Re: Where do we go from here? - RealGM

Why ... uh ... no, Jim, we don't think that ... uh, all right, I'm just
> glad you mentioned it first.  Anyway, just wanted to point out your
> fallacy in the previous paragraph.  I watched the Shaw's games that were
> televised; I saw El-Amin.  And I know what you're talking about -- and I
> don't agree.  Please don't make it seem like it's so obvious anyone who
> saw the games will just *have* to agree with you, Jim.  Some of us
> actually think Khalid El-Amin may actually be ... wait for it ... too
> short for the NBA.  And is a defensive liability.  Apparently, many NBA
> GMs feel similarly.  Could be wrong, though.  Personally, I don't mind
> your manic depression, just wish you'd focus on another (read: non-El-Amin)
> topic for a while, but it's your choice, of course.
>
> Bird

       *****************

   What don't you agree with? That El-Amin would be an upgrade over Palacio
as a back up point?  That El-Amin would better bring out the skills in our
rookies than Palacio, which might lengthen the bench and get some rest for
the weary? I think those were my points.
       JB

on 2/18/02 5:30 PM, bird at birdwl@earthlink.net wrote:

>> From: JB <JBMetzEA@yahoo.com>
>>
>> What gets me about this, is that it was all out there, for everyone
>> to see, at Shaw's this summer.
>> The team started out, unable to score, with Palacio at the point.
>> As
>> soon as El-Amin got the starting job; [...]
>
> Oh, no.
>
>> Some of you may think I'm just on another El-Amin rant and I know that
>> I've been shrill and relentless on this aspect, but for those of you who
>> were at Shaw's, or even watched a game with him and one without him, will
>> know what I am talking about.
>
> Why ... uh ... no, Jim, we don't think that ... uh, all right, I'm just
> glad you mentioned it first.  Anyway, just wanted to point out your
> fallacy in the previous paragraph.  I watched the Shaw's games that were
> televised; I saw El-Amin.  And I know what you're talking about -- and I
> don't agree.  Please don't make it seem like it's so obvious anyone who
> saw the games will just *have* to agree with you, Jim.  Some of us
> actually think Khalid El-Amin may actually be ... wait for it ... too
> short for the NBA.  And is a defensive liability.  Apparently, many NBA
> GMs feel similarly.  Could be wrong, though.  Personally, I don't mind
> your manic depression, just wish you'd focus on another (read: non-El-Amin)
> topic for a while, but it's your choice, of course.
>
> Bird

        JB

                  Unchain My Heart !