  From: JB
  To: Cecil Wright ; Celtics Stuff ; Celtics@igtc
  Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 4:23 PM
  Subject: Re: [Celtics' Stuff Re: Where do we go from here? - RealGM

  on 2/18/02 12:19 PM, Cecil Wright at cecil@hfx.eastlink.ca wrote:

  > Hey JB,
  >
  > Didn't Blount have an outstanding Shaw's too??  I know guys are sick of
  > hearing this but we really must be patient and not jump the gun at this
  > time.  If there is a possibility of obtaining a Van Exel or an El-Amin, I
  > know which guy I'd prefer.
  >
  > Cecil
  *************
     Cecil;
     There is a big difference in a big man having an impact at Shaw's and a
guard. There is a dearth of big players there. Even Walter McCarty looked
great, in the paint, three summers ago.
  As for the guards, that's where the talent is at Shaw's and they all play in
your face defense. The weakness, if any, is that they are not great shooters
(or they would be in the NBA).
     To compare El-Amin with Van Exel is silly. El-Amin could be had for a ten
day contract, or very short money, for the rest of the season. What you're
saying is, that you'd rather have Palacio, than El-Amin, for the rest of the
season.  I'm not sure what patience has to do with it either. Patient with
Palacio learning point guard skills? It ain't gonna happen friend.

      JB

                    Unchain My Heart !

Pitino's
  >> first and the way the other teams are and will continue to beat each
  > other,
  >> it looks like the playoffs are coming into focus. I have to accede
credit
  >> them all, for this.
  >>

  >> Unchain My Heart !

         JB