Re: The steal of the century?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Orion" <johnlyell@hotmail.com>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2002 6:44 PM
Subject: Re: The steal of the century?

> I don't think Denver would give up Lafrentz & Van Exel for 3 mediocre
> players when they are probably getting better offers from NY & others,
> unless they have short contracts that would give them cap room, but as
> someone else mentioned Chicago had a ton of cap room and ended up
overpaying
> Eddie Robinson & Mercer. I don't see Denver being a magnet for any big
> names.

*Makes you wonder about the report of them contacting us regarding Kenny for
Nick, huh?  I mentioned this deal back in December and was told that I was
nuts.  I'm used to it by now.

> How about Walker to Charlotte for Baron Davis and Lee Nailon?

* Good deal.  If Walker sucks so bad, why is it that you think he has trade
value?  Besides this deal does not match up salary wise.  Charlotte would
need to add an additional 8 mill.  And then of course we would have to sign
Davis to a new contract.
Davis will be
> in the league of Kidd, Payton and Stockton if he is not already.

* Davis will have to dramatically improve his free throw shooting from his
dismal .588 percent first.

I would
> swap Walker for Davis if the salaries matched. As far as a 4 shooting 3's
,
> I never said this was a bad thing, definitely there are only a few who
can,
> but when you live out there it really disrupts any type of inside outside
> game the good teams like LA, Sacramento and the Celtics of old had.

* Correct, but we are not LA, Sacto or the Cs of old.  We must play the hand
with the cards we've been dealt.

> We really need the help down low, an Elton Brand type blue collar worker.
> Too bad we missed out on him.
>
> I think Antoine could easily be this type of player, but seems to have
> trouble down low, and does not have a good low post touch or use the glass
> to his advantage like Duncan. He needs Mchale's old up and under move.

It's nowhere near as easy as you make it seem John.  This is akin to saying
Tim Duncan could "easily" be a good 3 point shooter though he seems to have
trouble with it.  Walker is who he is, warts and all.  There is a reason
Larry Bird loves him so, no?

Cecil