Re: Where do we go from here? - RealGM

These things are cold, hard truth and it is good to periodically bring them
back. Therefore, the answer is to play and develop your talent so you have
some options to trade for your missing pieces, if possible. Pierce never has
nothing left for the fourth quarter when he doesn't get into foul trouble and
limit his minutes. Why wouldn't you plan ahead to designate the 4th game in 5
nights for extensive playing time for the rookies? They could bring some
lacking energy and make it fresh for the regulars. Instead, Obie rides his
horses into the ground. We ended losing by 20 anyways. If we let the rookies
play a little, we end up losing by 30, what's the difference? Development...I
have to say that I was really impressed with this James kid for Seattle for
the second straight viewing. How come we can't find a center with a NBA body
like this? Of course, we wouldn't be playing him anyways...Talk about
regression, see Vitally. Vitally never looked worse last night. He was
playing Pitino style defense, jumping all over the place and allowing
opposing stiffs wide open lanes to the basket. He had me begging for Blount
which takes alot....

DJessen33

<Dear Gary,
The Celtics have to generate offense from a limited base. They are without
a great penetrator, have no real post-up threat -- 'Toine gets stuffed
trying to score from there -- and the big men (Tony Battie, Vitaly
Potapenko and Mark Blount) have no back-to-the-basket games. The 3-point
shot is a principal weapon for them. Coach O'Brien creates those shots with
a combination of screen and rolls on the ball, and a series of single and
double screens off the ball. I sometimes gasp at their shot selection --
especially Walker's -- but under the circumstances, it's a necessary part
of their offense. And, the bottom line is that they're winning.

--

It also illustrates what could greatly improve the Celtics' offense - a
low-post threat at the center position or (more realistically, probably) a

Alex