Re: 2nd half of basketball season

You wrote:

The first four games do not scare me but its four
games in five nights. It is vital to get off to a good start. Hopefully
Kedrick Brown will be back.

---end---

This first game is huge. I took a closer look at the schedule yesterday and
it's even tougher than I thought. Golden State doesn't play tonight, so
they'll be rested when the Celts see them tomorrow. Portland and Seattle
both have days off before the games Friday and Saturday as well. So the
tired Celts will be playing teams with fresh legs at the end of this first
four-games-in-five-nights stretch. The final three games, of course, are
brutal (Lakers, Dallas, Houston). The Celts desperately need to get this
Denver game. Get that one and one more and you've survived the trip.
Anything more than two wins should be considered a great trip.

Before the break, the Celts said Kedrick wouldn't be back for at least a
week after the break, so we're looking at the final three games of the trip
at the earliest. I wouldn't expect anything more than garbage minutes at
first, and maybe at all. It's the stretch run. I expect Obie to tighten his
rotation even more.

Mark