Knicks getting Van Exel/Lafrentz???

Speculation from the NY Times has the Knicks and Nuggets talking about a big
trade. I've pasted the relevant info below. Suffice it to say I think the
Knicks make out like bandits in the second scenario. Camby is a huge force
when he's healthy, but getting Van Exel and Lafrentz for basically Camby and
fodder would be a great deal. I don't understand why the Knicks would do the
first trade, unless they have something in place to send Sprewell elsewhere
for a big man.

Anyway, here's the scoop. (I wonder if Chris Wallace is even trying to
improve this team...)

Mark

No offers have been made, but the teams are discussing two scenarios. The
first would send Camby and guard Mark Jackson
<http://www.realgm.com/src_playerfile.php?playerid=66>  to Denver for Van
Exel and James Posey <http://www.realgm.com/src_playerfile.php?playerid=228>
, an athletic 6-foot-8 swingman. The other would bring Van Exel and the
versatile 7-footer Raef LaFrentz
<http://www.realgm.com/src_playerfile.php?playerid=234>  to New York for
Camby, Jackson and probably Travis Knight
<http://www.realgm.com/src_playerfile.php?playerid=68> . Although Broussard
mentions Felton Spencer
<http://www.realgm.com/src_playerfile.php?playerid=72>  as trade fodder, it
is important to note that Spencer cannot be traded because he is signed to a
1-year contract and will have Early Qualifying Veteran Rights after the
season, AKA Early Bird Rights.