re: No trades!

> From: gh18@juno.com
>
> We should hold on to what we have!  Getting guys like Mohammad, Jackson,
> and Fizer would be like putting a band aid on shotgun wound.  We are an
> average team being patient and putting the puzzle together.
>
> We have not looked this good in years.  The puzzle will be complete when
> Kenny Anderson's high contract is up.  We then will make our move for
> that impactbig man.  When Kenny's contract is up, which is 9 million this
> year, we will have Philly's pick and our pick to deal. Check out the free
> agent list for 2003/2204

Gosh, no, Greg -- unless they make a deal for a big man of the caliber of
Raef LaFrentz or take Jamal Tinsely and Haywood retroactively in last year'
s draft, or do *exactly* as the resident troll wants them to, they're in
danger of a 50-win season.  Heaven forfend!  Unless we strike while the
iron is hot, there'll be no striking done.  Well, they already "mangled"
the draft, after all.  Oh, dear.  Guess I'll have to console myself with
already winning almost as many games as last year.  However will I get by?
   *flutters fan*  Ah'm about to get the vapors, Miss Dixie!

> Do not be suprised to see the Celtics draft a power forward in the 1st
> round of the draft and move walker to the 3 and Pierce to the two.

Though of all the pipe dreams about this team, this, *this* one is the
hardest to understand.  Every bit of evidence has pointed to the exact
opposite (e.g. Walker remaining at power forward -- for those mythical 42
minutes a game).  What in the world makes you think otherwise?  If I put
on my WayRay(tm) Prognosticatory Glasses and tune them to twenty years
from now, I can just barely see a quorum of fans on the internet bemoaning
"...if only they moved Walker to the three...".

Thank god it's only a five-minute game.

Bird