Re: High Above the Parquet Floor--er, Tray Table

At 06:44 AM 12/31/2002 -0500, Dan Forant wrote:
I'd listen to Johnny on the radio before watching a telecast anytime. Great
announcer.
I am paraphrasing and recalling from a Diehards memories so take exact memories with a grain of salt as they are close but not gospel. One of my favorite "Mosts" was during a Celtics @ Sixers game. Mahorn and Ruland were at their obnoxious and very effective best and JM was clearly getting angrier and angrier with their roughhouse style and the referees allowing the perceived mugging! He finally lost it and it went something like this " These two are nothing but no good thugs referring to (Mahorn and Ruland) their names should be changed to McFilthy and McNasty!! They should be arrested along with the refs for allowing them to commit felonies all through the game!! " The funny thing is JM would have loved them if they were wearing Celtic Green!!!! This is the product of an addled Celtics/Most homers failing memory as I stated previously but my Dad and I referred to Mahorn and Ruland by Johnnys nicknames for years after that game! I miss him even though he was so much a homer actually I miss him because he was the ultimate homer announcer. Shame on me!! Look forward to Snoops debut as the 'Johnny Most' of the new millennium !! From high above the Doghouse...
He He >G< Happy New Year to all!! Later.Mike