Jersey has our number

I have defended the Cs lately in general from some of the whiners. Don't
think that means I agree with all of the moves that Wallace has made or do I
necessairly approve of all of what Obie is trying to do. However, I can see a
trend developing and concern now would no longer be considered knee-jerk
emotionalism.

I have previously lamented wondering if Obie really was hoping to ride PP and
Walker for 45 minutes a game carrying the team the whole season? We really
need to develop other options. This game seemed like the perfect game to try
something different but alas, the something different was to not play any
defense at all.

It seems to me that things started going bad a couple of weeks ago when Obie
said that he prefers the Cs launch a quick shot in the first six seconds so
they can save their energy for the 20 seconds of defense. Didn't make much
more sense now than it did then. Can't believe anyone would buy into that.

I really believe Obie has to do something to shake things up. Start Vin or
start Kedrick, that is about it for options. We are going to hear the same
quotes tomorrow about not having energy, not playing defense. It may be the
Christmas pudding but I believe the players can't expected to play intense
defense the whole game. It didn't work for Pitino. I also  think you got to
do some things that will make it easier to score (hint, fast break...wait, we
are saving it for defense).

The Nets have got us figured out and the last two weeks may be showing the
rest of the league has also. This was a replay of the Net playoffs. You just
don't get lucky and shoot like that only when you play us. We got to go to
the well and find a couple of other options, both defensively and
offensively.

Note that Obie doesn't think if there is anything wrong with Vin, that it
isn't that he isn't playing enough. Vin only got 11 minutes in this blowout.

Whomever said that Sundog was a three point shooter needs to be taken out and
shot. The only time he has looked anything close to resembling an NBA player
is when he has had the ball in the box and shot a turnaround jumper over a
smaller defender.

It is a killer to watch the Cs isolation game and then watch the Kings play
the game the way it is supposed to be played. If Obie says that the style
the Cs are playing matches up with the talent we have,  we got a losing hand.
We don't have enough to beat Jersey. Their offense and defense is like the
antidote to ours....

DJessen33