Re: [Celtics' Stuff Re: Bremer makes his move

I think Shammond is killing us. He is pounding the ball into the ground ala
early Kenny Anderson and it totally screws up the offensive continuity. Then
when you add Sundog, who is horrible, you get the certain kiss of death. I
don't understand why Obie is playing Sundog, and certainly shouldn't play him
with Shammond.

Do you guys really think Stro fits into what we are doing?

DJessen33

<< << 1) Trade Shammond and Kedrick plus one #1 this season for Stromile
Swift.
 Sign a current FA point guard like Greg Anthony for the remainder of the
 season. Delk could then be the defensive minded, mobile 1/2 you speak of.
 Stromile certainly is a mobile, defensive minded 4 if there ever was one. A
 frontcourt rotation of Walker, Battie, Vin, and Stro ain't too shabby. >>

 I think DJ was referring to a 4.5, like Battie, not a 4 and a 1/2 as you
read
 it.  That said, Swift continues to be a very logical target for this team.
 The #1 deficiency on this team is an inability to rebound, primarily because
 we have two frontcourt players who decidedly play below the rim (Walker and
 Williams).  Against athletic teams, this shortcoming is especially
magnified.
  Thus, an explosive frontcourt player would most accurately cure what ails
 this team.  Still, I don't think I'd trade Kedrick, Shammond, and a #1 for
 the devalued Swift.