Re: [Celtics' Stuff Re: Bremer makes his move

I think the term offensive continuity doesn't really apply to the Cs.  I
thought the same thing until I realized that nobody was moving without the
ball.  Antoine and Paul set up on the blocks with a defender all over them.
Shammond has to keep the dribble alive if they are being closely defended.
It's doesn't look to me like he is dribbling aimlessly ignoring wide open
teammates on purpose.  I also believe we could utilize Shammond more to beat
his man and create off the dribble, leading to a few easy hoops for
Battie/Baker.

I think foul situations dictate who takes to the court more than anything.
I doubt that Obie wants to use Bruno, Kedrick and Waltah.  But in a recent
game, Battie picked up 2 quick fouls, so Baker entered where he picked up a
couple.  Whaddya gonna do?  I certainly understand going to Bruno in that
case.  And we have to find some minutes to rest Toine and Paul.  Just last
week, I noticed that one of them played the entire first quarter and half of
the second before getting a break.  That is just begging for trouble.

If we are unable to get a few meaningful minutes from the bench, we have no
chance to compete at all with the upper echelon teams.  And despite our
limitations, we seem to rise to the occasion to meet that challenge when it
appears.

Cecil