RE: "He's going to have a lot to prove"

Interesting coincidence about Lebron James playing with Antoine.  When I
was watching the game the other day I kept thinking, this kid's game,
and height/weight is from the Antoine Walker/Al Harrington mold, rather
than from the Jordan mold.  He's coordinated finishing inside even
without dunking, excellent handles, and takes mostly 3's or inside shot
attempts.

Just like our "Player Of The Week",  James is one of the tallest players
on his team, is the best ballhandler/pointguard/rebounder, and doesn't
have to be the #1 option.  The game came to him and he got a lot of
points off of catch and shoot's rather than one on one playground junk.

On the other hand, most of the best young players being marketed by the
league, show Jordan's influence.  Kobe, Iverson, Mcgrady, Pierce, all
slash to the rack, and their bread & butter is the isolation dribble
move followed by a pullup midrange jumper.

I've seen Antoine and Harrington play in high school and James seems
just as dominant and versatile, but more athletic and less arrogant.

Some downsides are his jumper isn't Ray Allen/Nowitzki like, defense is
an afterthought (again like young Antoine).  And he didn't seem quite as
explosive, fluid, and high flying athletic as Darius Miles/Garnett at
that age.  I don't think he's a lock to be the next Jordan/Bird/Magic in
the NBA, but you can be sure that Stern will market James like he
is(remember the HUGE pregame show hype for young Grant Hill and Kobe
early in their NBA careers).