Bad News: My Reaction To Celtics Management By Committee

This is bad news. Very unweildy and non-productive.
The last time the Celtics did a GMing major decision thing
by committee, it was during the 1989 draft
and Celtics management was deadlocked.

Jimmy Rogers wanted the team to draft BJ Armstrong. Bottom Line Cohen
wanted
Tim Hardaway. Don Gaston wanted to know where the best hookers were.
GM or so Jan Volk wanted someone else, can't remember who it was,
perhaps Shawn Kemp. Paul Gaston wanted suggestions on what ski lodge
to stay at in Vermont.

So they were deadlocked, and  turned to Don Corleone Auerbach,  because
of his past standing, and let him make the call. He chose Michael Smith,
whom he
saw possessing Bird-like qualities (evidently: slow and
caucasian-persuasion).
{And as Hollywood Sports Guy said, they took the keys away
from Auerbach shortly after that draft...}

Management by committee rarely works out in sports. All it does is
promote factions and
deadlock. This is a mistake. This means no Bird. Another mistake. No
good can
come from turning the Celtics into a pre-Rod Thorne New Jersey
management situation,
where you had a multitude of owners squabbling over decisions and
affecting the quality
of the team.

And did I say: No Larry Bird! The People's Choice.
Hello once again to Yes Man, Crappy GM Wallace.

For better or worse, one man needs to make the calls, and until that
happens,
C's are going to be hamstrung by their ownership.
Ray