Re: LeBron James

I still have mixed feelings too, and the fawning over him
by the ESPN announcers was embarrassing. The whole event
was a bit of a turnoff.

LeBron will probably struggle with FG% and FT% early on,
is my guess.

But he's a great ball handler at 6-8, taller but
certainly comparable in terms of slashing skills with
Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. He loves to dribble, and
has an excellent handle.

And he's definitely a solid 240. He fills out his
uniform. The kid is roughly the size of Antoine Walker,
but slashes like Kobe.

His passing is very stylish, reminiscent of Magic
Johnson. He did set up some pretty fancy assists I
thought, but also forced a few blind passes.

It's not fair for me to judge off of one or two interview
clips, but he doesn't seem in person as bright or as
grounded as his hype machine insists. But my goodness
he's only 17. In terms of charisma and maturity, he's not
in the league of Magic and the others.

As for competitiveness, I see your point. But he bounced
back from a slow start, played very unselfishly, and
helped the "Irish" to demolish a number one team that
recruits nationally...a team where Stackhouse, Mercer and
Carmelo Anthony played. The game is just way too easy for
him right now.

If he's a third offensive option, he could take the NBA
by storm faster than you think. Magic couldn't shoot a
lick either when he came out. And this guy has much
better shooting mechanics, don't you think? His shot has
been compared to Ray Allen's, which is a reach.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?