What will Red think?

http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/347/sports/Celtics_team_
to_get_assistP.shtml

''There's a managing board of four and an executive
committee of six,'' said Wyc Grousbeck. ''If there was
ever a major decision - major trades, major expenditures,
yearly budgets - that kind of thing, the committee would
be consulted.'' (...) Wyc Grousbeck joked that he hoped
the sale would be complete before the Feb. 20, 2003
trading deadline.

----

Its probably too early to read too much into this, but a
policy of trade approval by committee seems unwieldy and
(I imagine) highly unusual in today's NBA.

This is one of those cases where the GM, be it Chris
Wallace or whomever might replace him, needs to put his
foot down for reasonable autonomy. Maybe Red could help
him out there, since he's got a lot more influence.

I personally wouldn't trust NBA player personnel
decisions to the whims of a bunch of b-school geeks. This
will have to work itself out. I expect it will.

But I don't know what Wyc boy is doing joking about the
February trading deadline.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?