Re: Thug wanted

> ---------- Initial message -----------
> ** That's nice thought but since Johnson is quoted in
the Phoenix papers as saying he didn't think it was a
foul and Stoudamire is quoted as saying there
> was no contact and in effect it was all Pierce's own
fault, I don't think that's going to happen.

It should be a very intriguing rematch! I look forward to
reading Pierce's comments too. His mouth was really
swollen, and it was a bloody crime scene too.

Basically Boston was distracted from running its usual
offense in the late 3Q and 4th Q, although I give the
Suns defense some credit.

But that just didn't seem like Boston: the team out there
that got outscored by 23 points the rest of the way (is
that right?)following the Obie ejection.

If that's what the Phoenix players are thinking, they are
mistaken. But good win for them, and let's leave it that.

As anyone would expect, Walker showed he can exploit that
HS kid and frankly any Suns defender, of which Bo Outlaw
seems the most aggressive, who waves his hands madly like
our very own Waltah. And wait until Battie gets back in
the mix.

I have to say that, on review, its far from apparent that
Battie kicked the ball at the ref "by accident".

This is a guy that lately takes each defensive possession
personally, which I greatly appreciate. Its one thing to
hate to lose a game, its another to hate even giving up a
possession.

But that kick looked like a boneheaded move. Its a good
thing he didn't have his Escalade parked under the
basket, or all hell might have broken loose.

The refs, dipsticks that most of them seem to be, may
well have used last night's game, as some suspect, to
register their equivalent of a forearm shiver to the
entire Celtics team.

Had the Pierce incident never occurred, it would still
have looked to some like retaliation by the refs, on
behalf of one of their "brothers".

I don't know that the refs wanted to throw the game, but
Heinsohn was outraged long before that Pierce foul. After
all, what was far more distracting all game than the
perceived non-calls on offense, were the ticky-tack stuff
on the Celtics whenever they played any defense. Those
calls kept Phoenix in the game, although the outcome
still rarely felt in doubt.

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?