Re: Thug wanted

Which Johnson said that?  Frank Johnson was quoted as saying the following
by P. May.

********
Referees' non-call brought response

By Peter May, Globe Staff, 12/12/2002

It was a drive to the basket. We've become accustomed to watching Paul
Pierce weave his way to the hole. This time, he got to the basket, then
collided with Suns rookie Amare Stoudemire, a very solid young lad.

Pierce hit the floor. His right knee buckled, forcing his head to hit
the floor. His top two front teeth were fractured; bits of them lay on
the floor. Prospective owners Wyc Grousbeck and Steve Pagliuca sat in
stony silence - as did everyone else - only a few feet away as Pierce
lay prostate on the parquet.

And no one called a foul.

Referees Ken Mauer, Sean Corbin, and Scott Wall saw no contact. Jim
O'Brien sure thought there was some, and ran onto the floor, promptly
earning an ejection. Said his Suns counterpart, Frank Johnson, ''That's
what a coach is supposed to do, protect his star player. I might have
gotten into a fight.''
********

If it was Joe Johnson it would be understandable based on Pierces comment in
the paper.
If it was Frank then he has changed his tune.  As far a Stoudamire, perhaps
he need to see it on Xbox to understand....

<Jim

Tammo stated:
Snip.....

** That's nice thought but since Johnson is quoted in the Phoenix papers as
saying he didn't think it was a foul and Stoudamire is quoted as saying
there
was no contact and in effect it was all Pierce's own fault, I don't think
that's going to happen.
Apparently your dogs have better eyesight than at least four people on the
court and one at court side.