A couple points on the Suns game

I think Lester Conner made a big mistake when he took out Vin with 7 minutes
left and replaced him with Walter. Obie did the same thing the previous game
and got away with it but this time we paid for it. The Suns controlled the
boards and drove to the rim for dunks with no shotblocker/rebounder in there.
At least Conner realized his mistake and put Vin back in the the last 2.5
minutes but the damage had already been done. Let's hope they learned
something out of this...

The team was playing so well together in the first half. But when Pierce went
down, the team went into an offensive funk. They had no chemistry and the
only thing they could work up is a three point shot. Here is where we miss
the veteran point guard to get people where they need to be....

I was really pleased with Baker's play in the first half. However, I was
disappointed that he didn't attempt to make himself a better option posting
up to score after PIerce went down. We really needed his offense and
leadership at that time. Alhough it is still early,  I think Baker is afraid
to fail. With all the bad history he has and the criticism, I think he is
more comfortable being the third or fourth banana.  I think he can develop to
be the second banana later in the season, but he wasn't ready for it last
night. He has to demand the ball in the box in those cases like last night.
He still had a good game, maybe the best of his Celtic career showing some of
his great footwork but he also showed that his confidence to lead the team
isn't there yet...

Note that Baker got another one of the those invisible offensive rebounding
fouls again last night at a pivotal time. He has a right to complain....

Shammond finally used his cross-over to go all the way to the hoop for once
this game. I just wish he would do it more. He has to force the issue and be
prepared to pull up for the 10 foot jumper if a defender comes over....

I already mentioned my disappointment that Conner pulled out Vin to go with
Walter with 7 minutes to go. I was also disappointed that he didn't play
Kedrick. I thought Kedrick was supposed to get more time if Pierce got
injured? Pierce does get injured but Kedrick stays on the bench for a dose of
Walter and EWill. I also thought that Conner should have pulled Pierce from
the game after he came back. I was hoping for a Larry Legend like return in
the Pacer playoff game but Pierce clearly didn't have it altogether, not that
I blame him. Conner should have pulled him for Kedrick. That is what the
young reserves are for. This would have been a chance for him to show what
he's got. Conner never gave him the chance and at this rate, he may not get
many more...

Although it seems like the Cs, especially PP were getting man-handled and not
getting their fair share of the foul calls, the thing that really got me was
the obvious traveling call on Joe Johnson a couple of minutes after the PP
takedown. That was so obvious with no one around and Joe had the ball on one
end of the court for 5 seconds or so. How could three refs miss it? What were
they looking at?...

DJessen33