Re: Copy of letter to Commissioner Stern

Here's my letter, for what it is worth.  <Jim

Dear Mr. Stern,  I have written to the NBA last year about the low quality
game officiating.  Please be advised that it is costing the league revenues.
You must notice the lower attendance figures.

The officiating is so poor I have cut back to 10 live games this year.  I
may now catch a 1/2 of a game on television, if my team is playing.  I don't
really watch other teams play anymore.  The officiating is just so bad and
it is obvious that the league just doesn't care or they would do something
about it.  So why bother?

At what point does the league wake up and realize that your killing the
golden goose?

Perhaps you don't care.  My kid's are now old enough to go off with their
friends.  They won't buy game jerseys if I don't pay for them.  They don't
go to games if I don't give them tickets.  The game can afford professional
officials.  It can't afford the hacks that you have wandering around the
floor during games now.

Even with my team winning, I may cut back on live/TV games again next year
if the officiating doesn't improve.

I want to watch an actual basketball game.  I don't care how you fix the
officiating.  Just do it.  Or lose me as an avid fan as you have with
others.  Basketball related income needs fans like me.  At $95.00 per ticket
plus TV advertising revenue I create as a "watcher", I would think the NBA
itself does also unless the Players Association and their agents support the
coming lower revenues because of this issue.

Thank you for your time.

Just get it done and stop screwing around,

<Jim